How to Future-Proof Your Communications System
April 29, 2015
Most people look forward to the future, including the technological advances to come in many
career fields. At the same time, many dread the technological future because it means our
products and systems will become obsolete. New systems already come out at such a dizzying
pace that the old ones are relics before we master them. This is particularly true for
communication systems in large businesses.
To keep your communication systems relevant and easy to master, you must know how to future-
proof them. In its simplest terms, future-proofing means making sure your communication
- Durable. It should not deteriorate easily and should be able to grow with your business.
- Adaptable. It should adapt to both the work environment and outside factors; for
example, a future-proof system is not vulnerable to weather, energy losses, or a security
- Flexible. A future-proof communications system is useful in all areas of your workforce
and should have the ability to expand to new business ventures.
- Cost-effective. A future-proof system runs on easily accessible maintenance & parts, it
will also no have a huge upfront expense for installation.
Why S-Net Systems Are Future-Proof
At S-Net, we’ve ensured our systems meet all these requirements. We sell cloud-based phone
systems that will allow you to connect all locations/departments in your business and be flexible
enough for those employees that work out in the field or at home. These hosted PBX systems
have several advantages over traditional phone systems that make them ideal for the twenty-first
century. Such advantages include:
- Flexibility. Our phone systems can be programmed with many different features
including find me follow me, voicemail to email, and click to dial. These allow you to
access your business phone lines from any phone or location rather than restricting
yourself to your workplace’s physical location.
- Cost-effectiveness. Our cloud-based phone systems place allows you save money on your
telecommunications investment on a monthly basis. Each user license is transferable and
does not require a new installation whenever your business needs to make a change. This
saves the company time and money in IT and other departments. It also saves labor cost
when your business makes a change in its infrastructure.
- Durability. The S-Net support team works hard to ensure your phone system has a 99.9%
uptime rate and that we meet our Service Level Agreement. Additionally, cloud phone
systems are built so that if one access point is unavailable (office system is down),
employees can still communicate wirelessly through a soft phone.
- Protection against obsolescence. The startup costs for a cloud-based system are low, and
cloud-based systems are customized to work with specific Internet bandwidth speeds.
Since cloud-based systems work through the Internet, they can be updated easily
whenever new changes need to be made. This protects against obsolescence, keeping
your company current and giving you time to focus on business practices.
Call S-Net Today
If you’re interested in a VOIP/Cloud based phone systems or want to know more about future-
proofing your communication system, contact S-Net for a consultation today. We provide a
complete cloud solution that includes installation, hardware, and support tips on training your
employees and maintaining the smoothest communication possible.